#throwbacktoythursday: PROTOTYPE LAMDOG by Michael Lau


It's bitter irony come to think of it now … remembering seeing+holding the first Michael Lau figure at a skate shop in Peninsula Plaza ("Fatback" from his Crazy Children series), to scoring my first OG TATOO "urban vinyl" figure from "Yellow Box" at the 3rd floor of Beach Road hawker center … and while I remembered purchasing my first grey colorway LAMDOG (which I sold off not too long afters), I remembered seeing THIS particular figure featured here, and actually never really bothered then to even ask for the price, as I had no interest in it! LOL

Years later, I managed to snag the BLACK colorway for a song, but this is the first time in a while since I'd seen the BOX for the White colorway! Truthfully, I am still interested more in the box design than the figure itself hahaha … Current owner GaRy Pang has it up for sale in the Gardenpalmer Facebook group (all pics via). PROTOTYPE LAMDOG circa 2000 - "dogs mean it when they kiss you" :)

WHAT-IS: "Michael was first asked to pursue his figure work by his professional musician friend Jan Lam. He would sell Lam Dog figures at his concerts … Both the dog and Jan Lam figures had the same angry expression (and snaggletooth). Michael's work became wildly popular thanks to the figures he made for his friend Lam and the figures he produced for the covers of LMF Albums..." (via michaellau-art.com)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK